Listen Live

Port Crane Home Destroyed by Fire

A smoke alarm alerted Austin Longcoy that a fire had started in his Port Crane home near the wood stove. Longcoy and the others in the home immediately evacuated and called 911. When fire crews arrived, the long unplowed driveway made it difficult for them to... Read More.
https://www.sunybroome.edu/culinary

Former Hartwick College Professor Dies in Oneonta Fire

A former Hartwick College professor, Norma Hutman, died following an early morning fire in Oneonta. Firefighters were called to a home on Main Street just before 6 a.m. Saturday. Crews found heavy fire throughout the home on arrival, and had to tap an additional water... Read More.

Gae Crosby Selected Apalachin Lions Club Woman of the Year

The Apalachin Lions has announced that Gae Crosby was selected for Apalachin Club Woman of the Year. Gae’s recognition is the result of her activities within Tioga County and her focus has been the Special Olympics. Gae serves as the Special Olympics Group secretary and Training... Read More.

Ithaca College Student from Spencer Found Dead

Victoria Cheng, 17, of Spencer New York, was found dead outside an off-campus residence at 12:40PM on Saturday. The Tompkins County Sheriff’s Department says there is no indication that foul play is involved. Cheng was found in the snow by a local resident near 380 Pennsylvania... Read More.
https://www.myhometowntoday.com/page/delaware-river-solar

Boys Basketball: Maine-Endwell Defeats OFA 59 – 41

Top seeded Maine-Endwell defeated Owego Free Academy in boys basketball 59 - 41 on Saturday. Owego led at the half 24 - 19, but Maine-Endwell turned it up a few notches in the second half. Jeff Burdick had 20 points and 12 rebounds for M-E. Mark Merritt... Read More.
https://www.myhometowntoday.com/deals-of-the-season

Update: Space Heater Causes Fatal Barton House Fire

Area Agencies are investigating a fatal structure fire that occurred early this morning at a Town of Barton residence. The Waverly Barton Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 26 Blanket Street in the Town of Barton at about 4AM. Upon arrival, the Fire Department... Read More.