Two people have been injured in a home explosion at 198 Joseph Street in Horseheads at about 9AM this morning. The injured are being flown to Strong Hospital for treatment. A third person is said... Read More.
The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection is investigating a blowout at a Marcellus Shale gas well site in Tioga County, PA. The incident occurred during the hydraulic fracturing process on January 17th. The well... Read More.
About 200 parents and students attended a public meeting at the Vestal Middle School last night regarding possible program cuts for budget reasons. The district is considering the elimination of five teaching position, as well... Read More.
Ryan Michael Plouse, 21, of Sayre has waived his right of arraignment in a Tuesday Bradford County Court appearance, effectively pleading not guilty. He is facing charges as a result of injuries sustained by a... Read More.
The Broome County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a robbery which was reported to have occurred at the Subway restaurant at 2900 North St. in the Town of Union at about 8:15pm. The suspect is... Read More.
A new charity is offering to pay for doctor ordered breast MRIs for women who are not covered by insurance or cannot afford them. The Mary Lukacs MRI Fund is named for a Pulteney resident,... Read More.
Several Maine-Endwell High School students are taking part in an international competition on Network Science, sponsored by the National Science Foundation through a grant awarded to Binghamton University. Hiroki Sayama of Binghamton University, visiting scholar... Read More.
The Pentagon is delaying the purchase of 124 F-35 fighter jets from Lockheed Martin in an effort reduce the Pentagon budget. The multi year impact of the delays is $6.9 billion. The Pentagon plans to request... Read More.
Owego Little League President Ken Winters has announced several key dates in this year's Owego Little League calendar. Player Registration will be held Saturday, January 29th and Saturday, February 5th, from 10AM to 2PM, and... Read More.
The Best Western Grand Victorian Inn in Sayre was damaged Tuesday morning by a broken sprinkler valve. Water damaged the lobby, kitchen, and bar area. Sayre firefighters responded to alarms triggered by the sprinkler and assisted... Read More.