https://www.myhometowntoday.com/2017-nysofa-approved-ny-connects-brochure

Owego Woman Pleads Guilty, in Crash that Killed 2

An Owego woman was in court yesterday answering to charges of first degree vehicular manslaughter and DWI.  20-year-old Kari Bensley entered a guilty plea yesterday in Tioga County Court.  Bensley was the driver of... Read More.

Fire Destroys Prize Diner in Ithaca

A fire in Ithaca has destroyed a downtown business.  The call came in around 6:30 last night.  Multiple emergency crews responded to the 100 Block of West State Street.  Upon their arrival, members of... Read More.
https://www.facebook.com/Jackpot-Richies-Chicken-BBQ-233012507250728/

Vestal Schools Investigating Incident

The Vestal school district is continuing to investigate an incident at the high school in which some students allegedly targeted Jewish students on “Kick a Jew day.”  Seventeen students face disciplinary action in connection... Read More.

Update on Newark Valley Truck Stop Fire

A fire early Monday morning destroyed the restaurant portion of the Newark Valley Truck Stop. The fire did not damage the rear of the building, where the truck stop is located. The business is closed until... Read More.
https://www.htva.net/haefele-bundles/

NY Mets Name Wally Backman B-Mets Manager

The New York Mets have formally announced that Wally Backman has been promoted to be 2011 manager of the Binghamton Mets. Backman played a key role as an infielder on the Mets 1986 championship... Read More.

Twelve Area Fire Departments to Install Free Smoke Alarms

Broome County has been selected to participate in a smoke alarm installation program. Firefighters from the Johnson City, Endwell, Deposit, West Colesville, Conklin, Five Mile Point, Union Center, Port Crane, Windsor, Chenango Forks, Sanitaria Springs,... Read More.
https://www.sunybroome.edu/culinary

Fire Destroys Candor Home

The epidemic of area fires continued Monday afternoon with a fire that destroyed a mobile home at 155 Owego Street in Candor. It is believed that the fire originated in an electric heating device being... Read More.