A house fire on Farm to Market Road in Endwell on Wednesday was caused by improperly installed wood stove venting. The home was severely damaged. The Red Cross is assisting the home’s resident find temporary housing, food, and clothing.
Senator Fred Akshar visited classrooms in three local schools on Monday to kick-off a new district-wide student recognition program. Each month, Senator Akshar will recognize 3 or 4 local students selected by school districts across the 52nd Senate District who have shown great leadership,... Read More.
A fire seriously damaged a home on Corey Avenue in Endwell at about 8:45 Saturday night. The investigation is centered on a possible propane tank explosion. The were no injuries, and no one was at home at the time of the fire.
The boil water advisory for customers of the Endicott Water Department was lifted on Wednesday afternoon. The advisory affected Endicott, parts of Endwell and parts of West Corners. A water main break was the root cause of the advisory.
The boil water advisory in the Endicott Water District will remain in place until at least Wednesday. The advisory includes anyone that receives their water bill from Endicott Water. The advisory is a precautionary measure put in place by the Broome County Health Department... Read More.
There is a boil water advisory in effect for the Village of Endicott, and parts of West Corners and Endwell. The Endicott Water Department reported that the water system lost pressure at about 3:30AM on Sunday morning. When the distribution pipes and mains lose... Read More.
An Endwell firefighter received a special distinction Friday. Brent Soden was named the William Grace Firefighter of the Year by the Broome County Firefighters Association. Soden received the honor after rescuing a woman from a fire in the Ivy Terrace Apartments on Watson... Read More.
Binghamton Police got a surprise on Tuesday, when a traffic stop discovered $20,000 in stolen cash and savings bonds. Around 10pm, police stopped a car on Jarvis Street in the city.... Read More.
An abandoned school and convent in Endwell will soon be demolished to make way for a community garden and recreation area. The former Christ the King school building and convent on Davis... Read More.
A boil water advisory remains in effect for Endicott, Endwell, and West Corners residents as the village continues to repair the water main break on Harrison Avenue. Both the Union-Endicott and Maine-Endwell... Read More.