A propane truck overturned Thursday morning in the Town of Maine and resulted in a section of Nanticoke Road being shut down. The incident happened around 9:40 near 1362 Nanticoke Road. A Blueox Energy truck was delivering propane to the home at the address... Read More.
Fire officials say that Sunday evening's fire in the Town of Maine was sparked by an overloaded extension cord. Firefighters from Maine and Union Center responded to the residence at 569 Route 38B around six o'clock on Sunday, and had the fire under control... Read More.
The Union Center fire chief stressed the importance of smoke alarms Sunday after battling a fire in the town of Maine. Union Center Fire Chief Chris Hoyt said a smoke alarm in the basement of 569 Route 38B alerted the family to get... Read More.
A pair of Southern Tier athletes were awarded for their accomplishments on the football field this fall. Senior quarterback Kyle Gallagher of Maine-Endwell was named the New York State Sports Writers Association Player of the Year in Class B, while Chenango Forks' senior fullback... Read More.
Nearly 500 gifts were given to students at Maine Memorial from an area church. Christmas came early for Pre-K through fifth graders at the school as each student received a gift from Union Center Christian Church. The church packed and filled hundreds... Read More.
A Town of Maine man is facing prison time for a robbery at a Binghamton gas station this summer. 38-year-old Steven VanWinkle was sentenced earlier this month in Broome County Court after he pleaded guilty to a felony count of third-degree robbery. VanWinkle faced... Read More.
The celebration continued for one local football team. Students, faculty and staff in the Maine-Endwell school district honored the state-champion Maine-Endwell football team Tuesday. At Homer Brink Elementary School, the champs paraded through the halls, getting high fives and cheers from the younger students. ... Read More.
A fire severely damaged a Maine home Sunday. The Town of Maine Fire Department responded to the fire at 795 Tiona Road around 1:15 p.m. According to the Fire Chief, four people were inside the home at the time of the fire,... Read More.
The living room of a mobile home was destroyed after a fire on Edson Road in the town of Maine. According to Town of Maine Fire Chief Lou Richardson, a candle left burning on an end table caused the fire. Several emergency... Read More.
A grand jury has indicted a Brooklyn teen in connection with a recent shooting in Binghamton. 17-year-old Dajhoun Perez, was charged with assault, attempted assault and criminal possession of a weapon. Authorities said Perez was involved in the shooting of 21-year-old Daquan Smith of... Read More.