New York State Police have arrested two people and taken thousands of dollars worth of drugs off the streets in Chenango County.
On November 14, Jordan A. Melendez, age 28 of Sinking Spring, Pa., and Kimberly M. Rivas, age 24 of Mohnton, Pa., (both near Reading, Pa.) were arrested and charged with the felonies of Criminal possession of a controlled substance 2nd (A-II Felony) and Criminal possession of a controlled substance 3rd(B Felony).
The arrests stem from search warrants executed at multiple locations in Chenango County by the Troop C Violent Gang and Narcotics Enforcement Team (VGNET), NYSP Special Operations Team (SORT) and Uniformed members of Troop C.
During these search warrant executions, C-VGNET members seized:
- Approximately 1.5 pounds of Crystal Meth (street value of $50,000)
- Over 1 ounce of pure Fentanyl (street value of $36,000)
- Approximately 20 pounds of marihuana (street value of $10,000)
- 4 handguns (3 of which were loaded)
- 16 illegally possessed long guns
- Packaging materials
- Approximately $3,350.00 in US currency
Both suspects were arraigned in the Town of Norwich Court and remanded to Chenango County jail with no bail. The case remains under investigation, additional charges are possible.