Listen Live

Candles Blamed for Fatal Fire in Binghamton

Binghamton fire investigators say unattended candles were the cause of the fire that killed three people in the city on Saturday morning.
The candles were left burning in the first floor living room at 534 State Street, according to investigators. The homeowner, 61-year-old Robert Sindon, was killed in the blaze along with his son, 32-year-old Joseph Sindon, and Joseph’s 4-year-old daughter.
There were no smoke detectors in the home.
Fire officials say this tragedy is a reminder to make sure you have working smoke detectors in your home and that you blow out any candles before leaving a room.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *