Doug’s Fish Fry will be at the UHS parking lot (between Kwik Fill and Visions) on Route 434 in Apalachin on Friday, March 9 from 11:00 to 6:00. Part of the proceeds will benefit Camp Ahwaga.
Camp Ahwaga is a non-profit summer educational and recreational day program designed for children with disabilities of Tioga County, New York. We accept children ages 4-21 with physical, mental, and/or emotional disabilities. We also provide a year-round recreational program with monthly activities.
- Serviced 86 children with disabilities in Tioga County.
- Provided speech, occupational and physical therapies.
- Campers were able to swim in the Greater Owego Community Pool twice a week.
- Attended field trips to Cinema Saver, Broome County Fair (special kids day), Ithaca
- science Center, Owego Gymnastics and Activity Center, and Ice Cream Works!
- Had 23 teenagers from various high schools volunteer over 2,700 hours.
Art & Andrew Fredricksen stopped by the WEBO Morning Show to tell us about the fundraising event. You can listen to it below: