Two people were arrested by New York State Police for making unlawful sales to underage operatives during an Underage Drinking Initiative in Tioga County on September 1. A total of 12 retail establishments were checked, 10 were found to be compliant. Police reported unlawful sales at:
The Wine Connection – 153 Main St., Owego. Terri A. Holbert, age 52 of Endicott, was issued an appearance ticket for the misdemeanor of Prohibited Sale of an Alcoholic Beverage to persons under the age of twenty-one years. She is to appear in the Village of Owego court on October 1.
Citgo – 2 Main St., Owego. Satwant Kaur, age 47 of Vestal, was issued an appearance ticket for the misdemeanor of Prohibited Sale of an Alcoholic Beverage to persons under the age of twenty-one years. She is to appear in the Village of Owego court on October 1.
The ten establishments found in compliance were:
- Mirabito -977 State Route 79, Richford, NY
- Mirabito – 3 North Main Street, Newark Valley, NY
- Sunoco -1581 State Route 96, Owego, NY
- Kwik Fill – 450 North Avenue, Owego, NY
- Speedway – 7774 State Route 434, Apalachin, NY
- Speedway – 1081 State Route 17C, Owego, NY
- Mobil – 105 Southside Drive, Owego, NY
- Xtra Fuels – 186 Owego Road, Candor, NY
- Fun City Service, 8 West Tioga Street, Spencer, NY
During the Underage Drinking Initiative retail establishments are checked utilizing a trooper in plain clothes and an underage operative who cannot lie about his/her age or give a fake date of birth and when asked, will show his/her real driver’s license.