Amanda's Law is One Year Old; Requires Carbon Monoxide Detectors in NY Homes

SHARE NOW

Today marks the one year anniversary of Amanda’s law, which requires New Yorker’s to have at least one carbon monoxide detector in their house.
The law is named after Amanda Henson, a 16-year-old who died from carbon monoxide poisoning during a sleepover at a friends house.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is an odor-less, taste-less, invisible gas.
Symptoms closely resemble those of the common cold, dizziness, nausea, or shortness of breath.
For extra safety, a detector should be placed on every floor of your house, close to the floor.
Most carbon monoxide incidents occur in the winter, since very little fresh air is flowing through the house.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *