Cause Determined in Conklin Fire


The cause of a vacant trailer fire in Conklin over the weekend has been determined.
Conklin Fire Chief Bill Gorman says that heat tape used to keep water pipes from freezing caught fire, and the blaze spread from there.
The fire severely damaged the mobile home on Powers Road.  No injuries were reported.
The trailer is owned by a trucking company, which rented it to a tenant who apparently hadn’t been at the trailer for some time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *