Home Explosion in Horseheads


Two people have been injured in a home explosion at 198 Joseph Street in Horseheads at about 9AM this morning.
The injured are being flown to Strong Hospital for treatment. A third person is said to be unaccounted for.
The home was fully engulfed in flames when emergency crews arrived.
The neighborhood has been evacuated and electricity has been turned off.
NYSEG crews are working to shut down the natural gas mains.
As of 11:45AM, the situation was not considered under control.
The fire is behind the Grand Central Plaza, which houses the local K-Mart.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *