With Tioga County, NY under a Flood Watch, the Tioga Flood Mitigation Group would like to remind area residents to review their family emergency plans and information about what to do before, during and after a flood. An informational brochure published by the Tioga County Flood Mitigation Group is available here.
Some basic information to remember during a FLOOD WATCH:
- Keep a Disaster Supply Kit near. Prepare one if you have not, and include plenty of water.
- Be alert to signs of flooding, and if you live in a flood-prone area, be ready to evacuate at a moment’s notice.
- Be ready to act quickly—visit the National Weather Service website — which has information on river levels.
- Have a plan for evacuating large animals and pets. Follow the instructions of local authorities—they are the most informed about affected areas to avoid.
- Use a NOAA Weather Radio or listen continuously to News Radio WEBO at 1330 AM or 107.9 FM on a portable battery-powered radio, or hand-crank-radio. Following the Flood of 2006, News Radio WEBO was designated by Tioga County as the official point of contact for emergency information to all county residents.
Emergency Contact Information:
Tioga County Sheriff 911
Tioga County Emergency Management Office 687-2023
First Call for Help Tioga 1-800-227-5353 or 211
Southern Tier Red Cross 785-7207
Salvation Army 722-2987
Tioga Opportunities 687-4222
USGS 266-0217 https://waterdata.usgs.gov/ny/nwis/rt
National Weather Service https://newweb.erh.noaa.gov/ahps2
Tioga County https://www.tiogacountyny.com/flood
News Radio WEBO 1330 AM, 107.9 FM, and streaming online.