Sayre Woman Facing Charges After Fire


A Sayre woman is facing charges after a fire broke out at her home on Friday night.
25-year-old Angela Yates told police that she left her two young children at home while she took a cab to a local store to get some items to help her sleep. While she was gone, a power strip in her bedroom caught fire. Her husband was not home.
The children, aged 6 and 2, were rescued by Athens firefighters and treated for smoke inhalation and minor cuts at Robert Packer Hospital.
Yates is charged with endangering the welfare of a child, recklessly endangering another person and simple assault after admitting that she knew there had been issues with the power strip that caught fire.
Yates was sent to the Bradford County Jail in lieu of $20,000 bail.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *