Early Morning Fire in Waverly Home


Waverly Barton firefighters were called to a house fire at 135 Howard Street in Waverly early Tuesday morning.
When firefighters arrived, heavy fire was showing from the rear of the two story, single family home.
There were no injuries to occupants or emergency crews.
The Tioga County Fire Investigation Team determined that the fire originated in the ceiling area of the kitchen on the first floor of the home.
The only heat source in the area of ignition was an overloaded electrical junction box.
The Sayre Fire Department and the Greater Valley Ambulance, Rescue and Air units were called to the scene for assistance.
The Chemung Fire Department stood by at the Waverly Fire Station for the duration of the call.
This is the third home fire in Waverly in the last week.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *