Update: House Fire on Dugan Road in Owego

SHARE NOW

An Owego home was totally destroyed by fire on Thursday afternoon.
Only a chimney is standing at 399 Dugan Road.
Multiple crews reported to the address at about 4:30PM Thursday afternoon, including Campville, Southside, Newark Valley, Owego, West Corners and Union Center.
An attached garage and home office were saved by fireman; they were separated from the main structure by a firewall.
The family runs a business, Albrite Electric, from the home and the business records were saved.
The only person at home at the time of the fire, Kathy Stebner, was able to evacuate safely.
Stebner was able to rescue the family’s three dogs.
Her husband and son were not at home at the time of the fire.
The family stayed the night with relatives; they did have insurance coverage.
There is no information yet on the cause of the fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *