On Monday, July 25, southbound traffic will be switched to the northbound lane of Route 199 (Keystone Avenue), while the contractor begins construction in the southbound lane between Stevenson Street and Woodworth Street.
The contractor, Kriger Construction will continue work on this full depth pavement reconstruction project at two locations. Work includes paving, drainage improvements, utility relocation, sidewalk and curb improvements, ADA curb ramp installations, traffic signal upgrades, driveway adjustments, signing and pavement markings and other miscellaneous construction.
The contractor, Aqua, will be installing new water lines in the northbound lanes of Keystone Avenue, within the construction limits. There should be no impacts to traffic.
The following closure will remain in effect:
- Route 199 (Main Street) will be closed to northbound traffic between Vanderbilt Street and Lincoln Street.
- Route 199 (Keystone Avenue) will be closed to northbound traffic between Woodworth Street and Stevenson Street.
Detour information for:
- For closure between Woodworth Street and Stevenson Street northbound cars will follow a 1.39 mile detour using Chemung St. to Elmer Avenue. and Stevenson Street.
- For closure between Vanderbilt Street and Lincoln Street northbound cars will follow a 1.10 mile detour using Orchard Street, Elmer Avenue, and Stevenson Street.
- Southbound cars will be maintained in the work zone.
- Truck traffic will follow a 7.7-mile detour using Route 220 and Interstate 17 (Southern Tier Expressway).