Port Crane Home Destroyed by Fire


A smoke alarm alerted Austin Longcoy that a fire had started in his Port Crane home near the wood stove.
Longcoy and the others in the home immediately evacuated and called 911.
When fire crews arrived, the long unplowed driveway made it difficult for them to get to the house before it was completely consumed in flames.
Fire officials say it is a sobering reminder to keep your sidewalks and driveways clear, especially during the winter.
Longcoy said It feels great that no one was injured, but it is still saddening to know that everything is gone.
I just can’t get it off my mind really.
Fire officials said that an improperly installed wood stove was the cause of the fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *