On June 28, deputies from the Cortland County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to Wal-Mart for a larceny investigation. Prior to deputies arrival, the suspects fled on motorcycles. When officers arrived elsewhere in the area, they located a man matching the description of a possible suspect walking away from a motorcycle parked at another business near Wal-Mart.
While officers were attempting to identify the man, he provided officers with a false name and fled on foot. The man was later located by officers at another nearby business. The suspect was taken into custody without incident.
During the investigation, officers discovered the defendant was in possession of controlled substances, a digital scale, packaging material, stolen property and an undisclosed amount of money. As of result of the investigation, the defendant was arrested and arraigned at the Cortlandville Town Court on June 29.
This investigation is on-going and additional charges could be filed.
Neceya D. Cody
Address : Homestead Ave., Cortland
Age : 36
- Criminal Possession Controlled Substance, 5rd Degree (Felony),
- Criminally Using Drug Paraphernalia, 2nd Degree (Misdemeanor),
- Two Counts, Petit Larceny (Misdemeanor)
- Obstruction of Governmental Administration, 2nd Degree (Misdemeanor)
- Criminal Impersonation, 2nd Degree (Misdemeanor)