New York State announced Monday that as hospitalization and COVID-19 infection rates continue to decline, New York is issuing guidance to begin re-opening additional sectors of the economy. Specifically, billiard halls statewide are now permitted to re-open. Additionally, guidance is also being released for weddings and catered events, which are scheduled to resume on March 15.
In addition, movie theaters that have been closed in any remaining parts of the state may also open in accordance with the guidance.
Specific summary guidelines for weddings are as follows:
BEGINNING MARCH 15:
Weddings and Catered Events
- Venues are restricted to 50 capacity, with no more than 150 people per event.
- All patrons must be tested prior to the event.
- Sign-in with contact information required to assist with potential contact tracing.
- Venues must notify local health departments of large events, above the social gathering limit, in advance.
- Masks will be required at all times except when seated and eating or drinking.
- Ceremonial and socially-distanced dancing allowed under strict guidelines.