ATHENS, Pa. — After finishing 11th in the state in the Regional Science Olympiad in March, Athens Area Science Olympiad set their sights on the state competition with the goal of breaking into the Top 10. With only four weeks to prepare, the team competed in the state tournament earlier this month and results are in.
Athens scored 189 points, improving upon their regional score by 36. Along the way, they bested 7th place Conestoga High School and 8th place Garnet Valley High School to jump two places to become 9th in the state.
Athens medaled in 9 events including the following:
- Experimental Design – Katie Gorman, Chris DeForest, NyAnna Beeman
- Sounds of Music – Katie Gorman, Jason Gao
- Fossils – NyAnna Beeman, Carter Henry
- Gravity Vehicle – Reuven Gifeisman, Caleb Platukis, Ethan Denlinger
- Write It Cad It – Jacob Hovan, Jacob Sickler
- Astronomy – Caleb Platukis, Jason Gao
- Geo Mapping – Jason Gao, Jacob Sickler
- Home Horticulture – Audrey Clare, Carter Henry
- Boomilever – Carter Henry, Ethan Denlinger
This story and photo were provided by the Athens School District. Your Hometown Station WEBO and Choice 102 FM are pleased to post accomplishments of our schools and their students. Submit news and .jpg photo to [email protected]