Tioga County Legislature Chairwoman Martha Sauerbrey said this week another resident died due to a COVID-19 related illness. It is the 75th resident of the county to be reported as dying from COVID since March 2020. Sauerbrey said the death is reported with an expression of heartfelt sadness while extending sincere condolences to the family and friends during this sorrowful time.
COVID-19 UPDATE – APRIL 28, 2021
Owego, NY – Tioga County Legislature Chairwoman Martha Sauerbrey reported the following Tioga County COVID-19 Statistics:
- 3,605 Confirmed Cases – Total confirmed COVID-19 cases in Tioga County since March 2020 to date.
- 100 Active Cases – Managed by Tioga County Public Health.
- 75 Deaths – Total deaths reported to Tioga County Public Health since March 2020.
This data is a snapshot of data provided by Tioga County Public Health. Tests are administered via various agencies and as well as processed by many laboratories. Test results are reported upon our receipt.
For further information, please refer to the following resources:
· County Reporting: https://covid19.tiogacountyny.com
· Tioga County Coronavirus Response Hotline – 687-8225
· Facebook @Tioga County Public Health
· Facebook @TiogaMH (Tioga County Department of Mental Hygiene)
· Tioga County Public Health Voicemail Line – 687-8623
· NYS Coronavirus Hotline: 888-364-3065 (for general questions or information about COVID-19)
· Tioga County Emergency Food Hotline: Dial 2-1-1
· New York State Guidance: https://forward.ny.gov/
COVID-19 Vaccination Facts: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov
COVID-19 Vaccination Eligibility: https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/
· COVID-19 Percentage Positive Results by County: https://forward.ny.gov/percentage-positive-results-county-dashboard