A message from Union-Endicott superintendent Nicole Wolfe: “Based on the Governor’s requirements for an outdoor ceremony of no more than 150 people, we are moving forward with plans for several smaller ceremonies on our UEHS field. With 330 students, we plan to have seven graduations that will include parents being seated in the stadium. We will NOT be giving out tickets, as we trust our families will work to limit the number of participants based on the state’s guidance. If the Governor allows for increased participation, then some of these sessions will be collapsed to allow for more students to graduate together. If the infection rates increase and the Governor decides not to allow outdoor ceremonies, then we will need to revert to a car ceremony.
In addition, we will have locations set up for photo opportunities at our elementary and secondary schools. Families are welcome to take graduation photos at these sites after each ceremony.
- Graduation Date – Saturday, June 27th (rain date – Sunday, June 28th.)
- Students – Students will be assigned to a time slot between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Parents – Parents will be seated in a socially-distanced manner in the stadium.
- Retirees – Retirees will be invited to attend one of the seven ceremonies.
- Streaming – The ceremony will be live streamed for friends and relatives.
- Schedule – Parents will receive a detailed schedule from the high school team.
Although the graduation group sizes are smaller than we had hoped, we are truly excited about the upcoming ceremony, and we are happy it can take place on our home field.