UPDATED (11/24/2020) — Tioga Public Health has identified an additional site as a location where the general public could have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
- 11/17/2020: Sugar Maple Café in Owego from 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- 11/12/2020: Donoli’s Restaurant in Apalachin from 6:00pm – 7:15pm
- 11/13/2020: Visions Federal Credit Union in Owego from 11:45am – 12:00pm
- 11/13/2020: Owego Kitchen from 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- 11/13/2020: Target in Vestal from 2:30pm – 3:15pm
- 11/13/2020: Tops in Owego from 3:30pm – 3:45pm
Anyone who visited any of these sites during the times on the list should monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for 14-days after the date of the possible exposure. The locations are public areas where individuals visited in the days prior to testing positive for COVID-19.
Anyone who becomes symptomatic is encouraged to contact their healthcare provider and their county’s health department. A list of COVID-19 testing locations can be found at covid19.tiogacountyny.com or at the Tioga County Public Health page on Facebook.
COVID-19 UPDATE – NOVEMBER 23, 2020
Owego, NY – Tioga County Legislature Chairwoman Martha Sauerbrey reported the following Tioga County COVID-19 Statistics:
- 1,055 Confirmed Cases – Total confirmed cases, to date.
- 521 Individuals in Mandatory Quarantine – These are individuals who have had close contact (6 ft.) with someone who has tested positive, but is not displaying symptoms for COVID-19; or individuals that have traveled to China, Iran, Japan, South Korea, or Italy and is displaying symptoms of COVID-19; or individuals who traveled outside of New York State to one of the states identified by the Governor with a mandatory 14-day quarantine period upon return.
- 790 Recovered – Total number of individuals who had a confirmed case of COVID-19 and are now symptom and fever-free that meet the criteria to be released from Isolation.
- 211 Active Cases
- 54 Deaths
This is a snapshot of data provided to Tioga County Public Health at this point in time. Administered tests are tracked in various ways. Test results are reported.