Waverly High School Presents 2020 Commencement Ceremonies Information
Graduation for the Waverly High School Class of 2020 will be held on Friday,
June 26, 2020 at 7:00 in the evening. The ceremony will be held at the Waverly
Memorial Stadium, barring inclement weather. The rain date is Saturday, June 27 at 11:00am.
– Seating in the stadium is ASSIGNED. We are issuing 4 tickets per graduate.
– Parents and Guests are not permitted access to the field at any time before,
during, or after the ceremony.
– Due to COVID-19, all parents have been broken into 4 groups based on last name.
Gates will NOT be open prior to the posted times as cleaning must take place and the previous group must exit.
– Group estimated arrival times are as follows:
o GROUP 1: 6:20 arrival for Top Ten Graduate Families & Last Name A-B
o GROUP 2: 6:50 arrival for Last Name C-K families
o GROUP 3: 7:15 arrival for Last Name L-R families
o GROUP 4: 7:40 arrival for Last Name S-Z families
– All guests must enter at the concession stand entrance. There will be signage to direct you accordingly.
– All guests entering the stadium must have a ticket that is filled out with the name and phone number of the guest/ticket holder.
– Ushers will then direct individuals to their seats in an orderly fashion. Masks must be worn when social distancing is not occurring.
– All graduates will be seated in assigned chairs socially distanced on the stadium turf, prior to guests arrival. Graduates will remain on the field for the entire program.
– All speeches have been pre-recorded and one speech will be shown on the
scoreboard at each diploma presentation. Top Ten Graduates will NOT be reading at a separate podium.
– Administration will be reading all graduates names, accolades, and any
awards/scholarships won as the graduate walks across the field. Graduates will be picking up their diploma from a table, as there will be no shaking of hands.
– At the conclusion of the ceremony, there will be a recessional for the graduates to exit. Graduates must then go directly to their vehicle and leave the premises. There are to be no large gatherings on school property.