FROM SUPERINTENDENT COREY GREEN: Please note the following information as we begin our extended school closure.
- At this time the Owego Apalachin Central School District is closed for students through April 13, 2020. During the period of school closure, there will be NO activities of any kind on campus by ANY individual, group ororganization. This includes access to the pool, gyms, fitness center and all other indoor and outdoor spaces.
2. Monday, March 16, OA Staff have been asked to report to their respective building at normal time to finalize plans for the extended time away. Specific information will be provided directly to staff members.
- OACSD now has a dedicated phone number (607) 687-7307 ext. 7777 to leave a message for any questions you might have during the extended time away. If you are in need of something essential that was left in a school building (i.e. medications/iPad), questions about academic/instructional materials, food for children 18 and under.
- “Grab-n-Go” pre-packaged food service will be provided Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm in drop-off loops at Apalachin Elementary School and Owego Elementary School. (There is NO sit-down service provided.) Sites will offer food for every child 18 and under. If you are not able to make the pick-up times, please call ( 607) 687-7307 ext. 7777 to discuss delivery options.
- Monday, March 16 from 3:00 – 6:00 pm and Tuesday, March 17 from 8:00 – 10:00 am:
- Apalachin Elementary and Owego Elementary will offer drive-thru pick-up for students’ academic/instructional material, iPads or medications.
- Owego Apalachin Middle and Owego Free Academy students can retrieve any essential items from their lockers or medications during this time.
Teaching staff will be making contact with families throughout the next week with more information regarding access to their specific academic materials. Our goal as a district is to continue to connect with students and give them a way to maintain some sense of normalcy.
- OACSD Information will continue to come directly to you on the district mobile app, website, and through our SchoolMessenger System. Please note that NO information will be posted on the district’s social media sites in regard to this issue. This is to ensure that all messages reaching our school community are accurate and that all information comes directly from the school district.
- View important information and resources about COVID-19 on our Health Services page by clicking OACSD HEALTH SERVICES INFORMATION
CLICK HERE FOR: PARENT RESOURCE: TALKING TO CHILDREN ABOUT COVID-19
- The most important thing to remember is that we are here for you and your family through these uncertain times. If you have any questions, call (607) 687-7307 ext. 7777
- We will get through this together and that’s what makes our OA community special.Thank you again for your understanding and support.