Update on Newark Valley Truck Stop Fire

A fire early Monday morning destroyed the restaurant portion of the Newark Valley Truck Stop. The fire did not damage the rear of the building, where the truck stop is located. The business is closed until... Read More.

NY Mets Name Wally Backman B-Mets Manager

The New York Mets have formally announced that Wally Backman has been promoted to be 2011 manager of the Binghamton Mets. Backman played a key role as an infielder on the Mets 1986 championship... Read More.
https://www.myhometowntoday.com/2017-nysofa-approved-ny-connects-brochure

Twelve Area Fire Departments to Install Free Smoke Alarms

Broome County has been selected to participate in a smoke alarm installation program. Firefighters from the Johnson City, Endwell, Deposit, West Colesville, Conklin, Five Mile Point, Union Center, Port Crane, Windsor, Chenango Forks, Sanitaria Springs,... Read More.

Fire Destroys Candor Home

The epidemic of area fires continued Monday afternoon with a fire that destroyed a mobile home at 155 Owego Street in Candor. It is believed that the fire originated in an electric heating device being... Read More.
https://www.htva.net/haefele-bundles/
https://www.sunybroome.edu/culinary

Norwich Nursing Home Evacuated

Residents of the Gilmour Healthcare Home in Norwich were evacuated over the weekend due to a burst sprinkler that flooded water onto all three floors of the building. About 50 residents were removed to other... Read More.

Candle Cause of Fire in Windsor

Broome County Fire investigators have determined that a candle was the cause of a mobile home fire in Windsor on Saturday night. The fire destroyed the home at 880 Stateline Road. There were no injuries.
https://www.facebook.com/Jackpot-Richies-Chicken-BBQ-233012507250728/

Barker Home Fire Ruled Accidental

A fire on Saturday in the Town of Barker was caused by an overheated electrical extension cord. The home at 462 King Street was a total loss. Two people were home at the time; one person... Read More.

Vestal Quality Inn Fire Ruled Accidental

Fire investigators have reported that the Saturday fire in a single room at the Vestal Quality Inn was accidental. A malfunctioning electrical outlet connected to a heating unit caused the fire. There was no one in... Read More.